Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just the two of us...

San Francisco in the fall....that's what we have planned anyway!  John seems to be a regular in California, traveling for work at least one week a month.  Unfortunatley for Cali, I have never graced it with my presence.  While John is a bit more reserved....my excitement level is off the charts....code red.  I am not sure what is more exciting to me....the thought of seeing the west coast or the thought of actually taking a vacation alone...with my husband.

That's right, I said it...after 11 years of marriage, we have never taken a vacation by ourselves...with exception of our honeymoon.  We have traveled with my sister and brother-in-law...who are excellent travel companions.  We have traveled with our children, again, excellent...but in a completley different way!!  :~)  
We have traveled with both of our families and parents....that can always be a bit more trying...but definately gratifying in the end!  But never, just the two of us.

I am looking forward to planning this trip...finding the unique and exciting things for us to do....I am not one that wants to see the "touristy" parts of town....I want to get down to the nitty gritty of the locals...the antique shops, farmers markets and resturaunts.

So, I ask of each of you...give me ideas....tell me what that one exciting, interesting, little known jewel is out in San Francisco!

1 comment:

OSUFord said...

Fishermans wharf, Lombard Street, Alcatraz, Golden Gate, Coit Tower, Cable Cars, Chinatown, The Exploratorium, Sausalito, 49 mile senic drive