Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The long way home...

Over the last year or so, I have had a lot of  questions about....well, everything. My faith in people, my faith in myself, my faith in God.  I guess I always took people at their word, assumed I wasn't good enough and took God for granted.  I never thought about why I believed the way I did....why I did the things I did...I never even asked myself if I believed what my church was teaching.

So it struck me...why not question everything.  As I dove into my faith, my true religion, and my God, I learned so much more about myself, my husband, my children and my friends.  I have learned not to take things for granted...the sunrise, the sunset, a flock of birds flying....even a wheat field.  There is beauty all around us...and it is a gift.  My husband....is a gift. My children...are a gift.  I...am a gift.

I have found that I really do believe in the teachings of my church... that I really do believe in my friendships, I have had to cut ties with relationships that were toxic to me and my family, but I hold dear the friends who are true to me....I have found that I really do believe in myself.  Each day we have is a gift, look at it, study it, enjoy it but above all.....question it.  For only then can you truely appreciate what we have been given.




No comments: