Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trying to adjust....

If I've said it once... have said it a thousand times, I am a number 2 pencil in a dot-com world. 

I still use a paper calendar to schedule my days, I use my cell phone only to make calls and maybe the occassional text message, I still enjoying picking up a good book (usually in paperback), and I always begin writing things on paper...before I sit at the keyboard. 

Until now, that is.  I sometimes feel out of place...not having, or wanting for that matter, the latest and greatest technology.  The newest item that is "supposed" to help make our lives easier. It is inevitable that one day...I will have to make the switch. 

Having a pre-teen daughter, I am going to have to learn the "text message lingo."  I will have to finally figure out what "ROFLMAO" means...Ok, I do know that one...but there are several that I turn to my trusted husband to inform me of the definition!  

So, you tell me....what am I missing out on...what is the one invention this world has that will inspire me to put down the #2 and pick up something that requires an adapter?

No comments: